Tuesday, October 10, 2017

"The knowledge I have of him, the wisdom of this world cannot give, neither can it take away."

HOLA FAM Y FRIENDS
Beautiful Rosario at Night with Hermana Cadena

Today we had a fun pday in the mission home playing basketball, pickle ball, and 4 square! It's nice to get a real work out in every once and a while, haha. Hermana Allred made us pancakes for lunch with buttermilk syrup and peanut butter bars!!! So good. We organized this pday because it was hna guaraglias bday yesterday:)

This week we are hoping to baptize Kevin on Saturday! He is progressing, reading all the pamphlets we give him, so happy to receive his own personalized Book of Mormon and has began to read it as well. He really is a great kid. He ponders a lot and is constantly paying attention as we are teaching.  He is very intelligent. 











In divisions this week I saw FIORELLA!!! It was the very best. It had been many months since I had seen her and she is doing so good!! She talked in church a few weeks ago. She is reading the scriptures daily and is attending seminary every day at 6 in the morning! It was such a joyful encounter with her and her wonderful mom Marilin! She reminded me, "Hermana, its already been 7 months that I was baptized!" I couldn't believe it, time flies! Although it seems like she has years as a member because of her maturity and her knowledge. I shared with her a few verses in Alma 26 and spoke about the joy of missionary work. She was a miracle that God placed in my path as I have been in His service!
Fiorella (notice the Nevada T-shirt)
It has been a good week--one where we have testified of Christ when it seems like we do not have the answers. He is the one who strengthens us in our trials. Trials have surely come in these past weeks, but my testimony of the Savior continues to be strengthened. I echo the words of Brigham Young,

"The knowledge I have of him, the wisdom of this world cannot give, neither can it take away." 

I am grateful for the knowledge I have of Him-one that I will always have and will never be able to deny-one that I hope to continue throughout my life. I love my Savior. He carries me daily. This is His work. I am so grateful for the messages we were able to hear in this past conference that testify of Him. He gives us the resources to learn about Him and to know Him. We have to take advantage of them! 

Love,
Hermana Mathis :)

Basketball with the President 

This is the work of Jesus Christ





Hermana Hansen Celebrates one year 
Hermana and I with our last "trunky" agendas


4 Square 
Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup in the Mission Home
Harvest Moon over Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment