Monday, May 15, 2017

Birthdays, Mother's Day Skype and Piojos, Oh My!

Los Hermanitos

Shout out to Word's Best Best Friend!

Hermana Guaraglia made me pancakes for my Birthday!
Not one but two birthday dinners with birthday cake!




Oh the fun that can be had in elevators!
Thank you to everyone who was so kind to send me a little birthday email, you are all the best and I am so grateful for your love and support!!

This week was another great one, and another crazy one! We started off the week in divisions with Hermana Ritchie and Hermana Moore!! SO great! And we made apple crisp to continue the tradition with Hna Ritchie! I set out with Hna Ritchie to preach and we taught Nora after many weeks of not being able to teach her. She felt the Spirit very strongy and to close we sang "Abide with me, tis eventide," to which she was left in tears, and her 8 year old son told her after it sounded like angels were singing! Now, I wouldn't say that, but I do know that there is truly power in music and the lyrics of the songs.

We had our last interview with President Zanni who will be returning home the end of June. He is truly a spiritual giant who helps me recognize the need to always follow the Spirit and to establish a strong relationship with him. The Spirit helps us in circumstances where human help cannot, knowing us perfectly and guiding us and protecting us, helping us always abide in the love of our Heavenly Father.

Thursday for my birthday my awesome comp made me pancakes! We had divisions as well and I got to work with my dear companion Hermana Schmutz again! It was a pretty cold, rainy day but it was a joyful day! We ended the day with not one, but two dinners with two of my favorite families here! Larrosa and zalazar! They also made me a birthday cake! Friday marked one year for Hermana Guaraglia and we woke her up with a spray foam! haha time flies when youre having fun. surprise of the week was that I had piojos! If you dont know what that is look it up in google. Not too fun, but thank goodness for a loving mission presidents wife who saved me and we are all good now, no more piojos. 

Sunday at our Bishop's House
Skyping with My Family for Mother's Day
Sunday--- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS AND WONDERFUL WOMEN IN MY LIFE!! So great to skype the family and know they are all doing well. Oscar came to church Sunday after a mix up with his address and an hermano who was going to pick him up. But Oscar was determined to walk to the church from his house in the poor condition of his leg.  Luckily as he left to walk to the church, the hermano passed by and was there to take him to church, miracle!!! Oscar is planning to be baptized this Saturday as well as Keila! They are progressing beautifully and surprising us with their light and knowledge daily.
Dancing on the Rooftop
Love you all! Love this gospel! It is too perfect not to share. I read 2 nefi 2 the other day and truly am amazed at the perfect plan of happiness that God has created for his children. The purpose of this life it to have JOY, and we experience true joy through our Savior Jesus Christ. I Hope that you all have a wonderful week. 

Hermana Mathis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment