Thursday, July 27, 2017

Mission Nurse in Training!

HOLAAAA FAM Y AMIGOSS!!
With Hermana Bennett and Hermana Barraza as she completed her mission
Transfers this week.... I am now in Funes serving with Hermana Bennett from Utah and she will be finishing her mission this transfer (in 6 weeks time.)  She is the mission nurse right now and I am the mission nurse in training haha. Basically we receive a lot of phone calls from the elders and sisters and tell them what medicine they need and if they should see the doc, and we work with Hermana Allred so I am excited to get to know her better! 

As usual, it was hard to leave my prior area, Baigorria, but I know that this was an inspired change and I am happy to be where I am.  Hermana Bennett is wonderful! A great worker with a positive and loving spirit! We are super excited for this time together! This past week in Baigorria we were able to find some new people to teach, we were amazed by young children and their goodness and desire to learn about God, and their understanding. They have a special spirit. We had an ASADO with the familia Larrosa, the bishop and his wonderful fam, this week which was surely a highlight! We made brownies and sang happy birthday to Hermana Prat who turned 85 and is still going strong, dancing with us and all (reminds me a bit of my wonderful high spirited Grandma Pook;) We enjoyed our last week together, Hermana Guaraglia and I, and I am grateful for our time together. I feel so blessed to be in this mission and to meet so many people that make the world just a little brighter!!

Hermana Guaraglia and I in our twin attire
This week I was reading in Alma 29 about Alma and the joy that he feels as a result of missionary work. What I LOVE about this chapter is that he rejoices in the success of his friends, the sons of Mosiah! He says...

 14 But do not joy in my own success alone, but my joy is more full because of the success of my brethren, who have been up to the land of Nephi.
15 Behold, they have labored exceedingly, and have brought forth much fruit; and how great shall be their reward!
Alma was happy when he saw that his brothers in the Lord had success. Often times, when we see how others are thriving and succeeding we tend to be jealous, or envious, or prideful. Ezra Taft Benson says that pride tells us that we are failures when others succeed. But we must be humble and rejoice when others succeed! We are all one big team! And Alma is overcome with an immense joy that leads his soul to really have concern for the souls that his brother brought to the knowledge of the gospel. As missionaries, we are all on the same team, God's team! And when one missionary baptizes, we all baptize!! (Says Pte Allred) Though I may not have the opportunity to continue working in past areas, I rejoice to see those I have come to love progress through the examples and help of other missionaries.
Last night we were able to stay with an Hermana who ended the mission today and accompany her...this morning we set her off with a group of elders and sang "Called to Serve" all together. So powerful!! There is power in missionary work! And I am so glad that I still have this sacred time to serve the Lord as His representative.

LOVE YOU ALL, and happy pioneer day as well, so grateful for the sacrifices of those who came before us to prepare the way. We will forever be grateful and indebted to them. We owe them our efforts and consecration, shall we not go on in such a great cause??? D&C something....haha 

Hermana Mathis

Farewells with the dear people of Baigorria:
Oscar

The Medina Family

The Zalazar Family

Bishop Larrosa and Family




Dear Hermana Guaraglia

Our District


Bye Bye Baigorria!  Always in My Heart!







The Sisters at Transfers

Hermana Mathis, the Florence Nightengale of
Rosario Argentina at your service


No comments:

Post a Comment