Monday, September 4, 2017

There is Power in the Priesthood


Hermana Bennett Completes her mission

Transfer news: Hermana Bennett got transferred... to her casa! And I will be training a nuevita and staying in Funes! I'll keep up with the nurse duties and would surely benefit from your prayers :) I am way excited!

So this week was great. I'd say the conference we had with Elder Texeira was one key factor that made it so great and the brownies of hna bennett. ;) I do not have my notes from the conference with me today, but I will make sure to send some details next week. One thing that I do remember among many is what happened following the conference. We were finishing up the conference, gathered in a great number and singing "Called to Serve." Elder Texeira had left quickly to talk to a stake member. Shortly thereafter I saw him sitting on the stairs, pale and weak. He signaled to his wife who quickly ran to his side. Elder Texiera was losing consciousness and could not talk. Although there were masses of missionaries there, only pte allred and hna allred, the two of us, and a few elders were gathered around him, seeing how we could help. I had no clue, I think a bit more time than a few weeks in the nurse gig was necessary. When placed on his feet again to be walked to the car, he fainted and fell to the floor. Fortunately with many hand supporting him, it was not a hard fall. Promptly after, a blessing of health was offered. As an Elder placed his hands on Elder Texeiras head I contemplated the power of the priesthood, and how this power is the same power no matter how young, or experienced one may be. Then Pte Allred offered a blessing and one part that stood out to me was that he would be healed according to the faith of all of us there, and we had quite the mighty army. As the blessing was offered the missionaries still inside offered a prayer for his health. Right after the blessing, Elder Texeira was able to stand up, talk, and function properly. He was taken to the doctor after so that they could further investigate what had happened, but we truly witnessed first hand the power in the priesthood. It was an incredible miracle that we witnessed.  Everyone felt the Spirit in great abundance. In this simple, powerful phrase offered by Pte Allred, I contemplated, How great is my faith? In the circle with Elder Texeira, his incredible wife, Pte Allred and his incredible wife, Elders with great faith, I thought to myself, how can I increase my faith? I was humbled by the great examples before me and inspired to strive to be more like them. 

Well we completed our goal to work hard and have fun. Hermana Bennett was comletely focused and worked hard until the very end. Her example to me will always be remembered. We experienced the great love of the members in Funes and it was a week of learning and feeling the spirit. 

The church is true. There is power in the priesthood. God stands at the head, and Jesus the Christ is our Savior and Friend. He leads and guides us through the Holy Ghost, and tells us to be calm, to have faith, and to trust that he will lead us along. I know this to be true. 
Rosario is beautiful in the Spring
The great members and missionaries of Funes
Bus Station Farewells
With Hermana Ruiz who also transfers home
A borrowed district
 


Hermana Mathis


No comments:

Post a Comment