Monday, January 2, 2017

Feliz Ano Nuevo!

FELIZ ANO NUEVO!! 2017!! Wow time flies. 2016 has been too good to me and I am excited for all that 2017 holds in store. During New Year they shoot off a ton of fireworks, and guns, and bomb firework things. It was pretty exciting, although I was excited to sleep as well- but you can't always get what you want, I guess. 
This week has been the hottest week of my life, and this is just the start. The sun burns me like a tomato but on the bright side I'm getting more color than I have ever had. But these dark pants are less than ideal in the heat. A few days ago, debatedly the hottest state I have ever been in, we had a lesson inside a house that seemed to be even hotter than outside with fans that didn't even reach us...and what did they offer us to drink?? Hot chocolate! 100% serious! So we drank it with sweat running down our faces.
I hit my new record this week...4 people in one day told me that I looked like Lindsey Lohan in Parent Trap. They think I'm famous. I make sure to clarify that I look like her young innocent state, before she went crazy and fell off the deep end.
Other than that this week has been good! We are excited for this month and all that we have planned. I am happy to be here in Arroyito! Our investigators are doing well! They continue to read the Book of Mormon and find important truths. They are applying what we are teaching them which is so key.
This gospel is one of action! Thomas S Monson says the reward of eternal life requires effort. If we want our faith to grow, we have to apply what we are learning and exercise it. If we want more knowledge, we must humble ouselves and go to the Lord willing to be taught and to accept and apply the things He tells us. I hope that we can all start this year with a goal in mind and have a plan as to how we can achieve it. YOU CAN DO IT!! SI SE PUEDE!
Love,
Hermana Mathis

At the Parana River near Rosario:  Glad that barrier is there, yikes!


with the Robleda family
Ano Nuevo Dinner with the Caldarella and Benitez family
This is Abi and this is the "beautiful" portrait that she drew of me

No comments:

Post a Comment