Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Adios Villegas, Hola Arroyito!

An Angel is Baptized in Villegas
The Hermanas Cutting Loose at Zone Conference

Well, this week was whack. It was an emotional rollercoaster that has not ended, ha, but hey... that's the mission. So here's a little summary of my week since the last time you heard from me,

last Monday we made homemade pizzas and were just enjoying life, listening to some great messages and just enjoying each other's presence, until the unspeakable happened.  Let me back up, before the mission hna whitworth fainted and chipped her tooth after  her wisdom teeth were removed. She got a false tooth put over it and you wouldn't even know. Well several months ago the false tooth was no longer glued in, though it had a cap and she could still put it on, it was just more likely to fall out and harder to eat with. Well Hermana was eating the pizza and her tooth fell out and she bit a piece and swallowed it and what was left was half her tooth, cracked. We always joked this would happen but when the moment actually came we were at a loss. So we called president who said he would get back to us. We got ice cream because that helps everything, and as we walked back to the pension our president called saying that we were leaving that night and that I should bring all of my things because I was being transferred to a different area. So we are just wrecks by then. And what do you know, the elders happened to pass by as we are teary eyed, ice cream holding messes, haha.  So I packed up and we left in the middle of the night and I did not even have time to say goodbye to anyone so that was super duper hard. I loved being in Villegas and all the people that we met and the truly great time that we had together. I was not quite ready for our time there to end. 
We fixed Hermana's tooth and stayed in the mission home, doing divisions in the city as well as the one and only Parque Field!! Then Thursday our president told us that in the morning I was going to be with Hermana Matemate in Parque Field for 3 days until the transfer and her companion would be returning to General Villegas with Hermana Whitworth. That was a hard goodbye to say the least. Hermana Whitworth is the best y'all, and God blessed me so much to have her as a companion. I am extra lucky to have had 3 transfers with her. So there I was back In Parque Field, it was loco. I got to say hello to all my favorite families, go to their church where they have an actual ward not a group, visit Miriam and Leo who are now married and he is baptized! And I got to visit them with Hermana W and boy were they happy to see us. She was in tears. 

Now I am in Arroyito in another white wash. yes, that is my third white wash in the mission! That means that my companion and I are completely new to the area, and we are also the first Hermanas this area has ever seen. It is a beautiful area, pretty darn big. My Hermana is named Hermana De Wet and she is from Paraguay. She actually came to the mission on the same day as me. She is rather shy and doesn't really talk too much, but she is really sweet. The Elders before us weren't super organized and we are struggling to interpret what they left us with but it is a process and it will come with time. 

A quote that I read this week by Thomas S Monson says that rather than dwelling on the past, we should make the most of today, and the here and now, doing all we can to provide pleasant memories for the future. I am outside of my comfort zone yet again, but if I have learned anything this week it is that I am not in control. God knows more than I do, and He knows perfectly. I know that this might be a hard transition, but He knows that I can do it, and because of Him I can do it. Each day is a blessing. We can find joy in the journey, we can find joy through our afflictions. We are never alone. Thank you for your love and your prayers. 

Hermana Mathis❤
With Hermana Gonzales who makes the best food ever!
Lunch with President and Hermana Zanni
Parting is Sweet Sorrow!
With Naomi and Victoria
One of our Favorite families in Parque Field: Miriam and Leo and daughters
Members in Parque Field
Zone Conference
Why So Serious?
They say this is good for Varicose Veins

No comments:

Post a Comment